Monday, September 24, 2007

STARGIRL

by Jerry Spinelli (6th+)

“Have you seen her?” This is what everyone is asking on that first day back to school at Mica Area High School. She calls herself Stargirl and she is very different from everyone else. She definitely stands out among a crowd in her style of dress and the strange things that she does. This is the girl who has a pet rat, sings Happy Birthday! to students in the lunch room, and walks around the school playing a ukulele. Stargirl has the entire school under her spell and becomes very popular for a while, even joining the cheerleading squad. When her thoughtfulness for others shows through however, she finds that her new so called friends and popularity are not what they seem to be. A couple of her close friends and the boy that she loves stick by her, but for how long? What will happen to Stargirl? Will she conform and change who she is to become popular again or will she stick by what she feels the most about and stay herself, even at the chance of losing her friends and her boyfriend? Read this exhilarating story of friends, popularity, and being yourself, even if it means becoming somewhat of an outsider. Kick back with Stargirl written by Jerry Spinelli.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, and I already read all your posts, and I loved them. I'm going to keep reading this great blog you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm glad that you enjoy it. I am an elementary librarian and I originally started it so my students could look through my booktalks of books I have read from our library. Keep posted-as I read a book I will post it here for everyone. Michelle

    ReplyDelete